Thursday, August 1, 2013

Too Busy for the Show

The Marquis has no more room
Our show is set to loom
But no one ever has the time
Too busy earning the dime

Some things we absolutely have to do
Others just make life a jumbled zoo
You will never see another star
If you're always driving in a car

Because you obsess to do this
And you can't let go of that, Miss
Everything bloody living thing is urgent
Wash away our past with detergent

Do not slow down one single minute
Do not dare to breathe within it
If you ever stop the clock
Time itself will rock

Life is a busy window closer
Time is ticking past the poser
You are just a busy busy busy bee
And I fear you I will never again see

At least not where you look at me
And really see that I am the key
To something beyond the whirling twirl
Of all your spinning empty motion, girl

I sit and wait at the aging gazebo
Once again you are a no show
Maybe the Marquis should not list us next
Take a precious moment to read my goodbye text



No comments:

Post a Comment