Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wall of Desire

I think of you
Spun from white gold
by weavers so fair

I dream of you
Azure blue so bold
to a gaze that we share

I picture you
In a swirling green dress
dancing a dreamspin

I desire you
and to flesh I would press
where the kewpie I win

I tire of you
in a fleeting thought
and fence you out

I must have you
it must be fought
I won't be a lout

It has been three days
since I shared with you
I can hold out no longer

Open back the ways
hold the hammer true
make the bricks no longer stronger

I forgive you
I liberate you
I free you

The wall comes tumbling down
I pull bricks away with a frown
But there is no joy in your eyes
There are no heaving sighs

You stare back at me
With vision that does not see
My fit of pique went on too long
There will never be another song

Your spirit has fled
Nothing left to wed
Nothing more to be said
Nothing but an empty bed

sigh

For the next one
I shall keep detention
To just a day




No comments:

Post a Comment