Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Feed Me....Bacon! Little Shop Comes to Bacon County!



If  you don't get a chance to see Little Shop of Horrors the first weekend in August, you are missing the very finest that community theatre has to offer.  I saw it last weekend an it was amazing!  Located at the beautifully restored Bacon Theatre in downtown Alma, Georgia, it shows what outstanding work even a small town can do when it gets behind the arts.  This play is incredibly well-directed by the highly talented and dedicated Blake Kildow.  Come see it Friday Aug 3 at 7 PM, or Saturday Aug 4 at 7 PM, or Sunday Aug5 at 7 PM.  Don't miss this great show!



Two of my favorites, Michael Lee and Chelsea Nelson , had featured roles in the production.  I have had the pleasure of watching and performing with Michael since my first production in the area back in 1997.  He has been involved in every facet of theatre over the years, and is one of our areas greatest community theatre treasures.  Chelseas is one of the most talented stage performers I've ever seen.  I don't like missing any of her performances, because I know I'm in store for the finest acting this area has to offer.
Sneak peek at Audrey II and the set.  


Jeofry Wages(tall guy on right or maybe it's left - well at any rate, he is the guy in the picture) and Sarah Crutcher (girl in middle, yeah, can't get that wrong - definitely middle) were outstanding in the lead roles, Seymour and Audrey.  Brilliant singers, but also well drawn characterization.  If you don't have compelling characters at the center of a story, everything else falls apart.  The actress next to Sarah Crutcher is Jessie Goodson, a great young actress who I had the honor of working with in Wizard of Oz.

3 comments:

  1. Please write a letter to the Alma Times before this great theater gets swallowed up by movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The theater was so strong! I saw they had movie posters up, but surely they're committed to the arts too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you tom for those great words, it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete