Monday, July 2, 2012

The Three Classmatairos!

I am now back from a great trip to Michigan for my Dad's 90th birthday.  The picture above is of me with two recently rediscovered friends from the good old days at Bridgeport High School.  On my right is Coleen Hitsman Anegon, whom has a great family and a wonderful sense of humor.  She is a true kindred spirit, and has been a frequent reader of this blog and a friend on facebook.  She brought me some Spatz Bread, which is a great local bread that is freshly made and contains no preservatives or junk - just great bread!  On my left is Benita Vierke Collins.  I did not know her well in high school, but have come to appreciate her a great deal.  She has put in a lot of time and effort to get the class back in contact with each other, including the BHS Class of 73 facebook group, and reunions centered around Bridgefest in Bridgeport.  She has made a great difference in my life, helping re-establish old connections that I had long since thought lost.  She has been a major encouragement to me in my writing efforts, and somebody I have been able to talk to often on a variety of things.

I genuinely appreciate these two coming out to the Candlelite Bowling and Banquet Center in Bridgeport at such late notice to meet with me.  We had a great time and I promise to give more extended notice in the future.  I am hoping we will have greater reunions in the future, where I get to more of my former classmates.  But I always hope that these two will be there, because I really enjoy their company and they have been great friends.

Party On, Class of '73!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Tom! It was easy for Coleen and me to be there...you were the one who made the trip to Bridgeport. I am so glad you did. It was a real pleasure meeting up with you and Coleen. As I said before, the time went way too fast! I look forward to our next visit but am so glad we can stay in touch via Facebook!

    ReplyDelete