Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Route of the Highland Glee

I see a distant border
I taste a far off sea
There is no land lorder
No payment or fee
That will stop me
              slow me
              deter me
                       from what I seek.

The trail is not for tears
The frail will be steeled
The trial we will not fears
The sail outrigged and dereeled
The flying canvas is     unfurled
                                  displayed
                                  remasted
                                      racing to the peak.

The distant shore awaits
A noble far off land
We sail into our fates
Until we sight the sand
And then I will dance
                  will jig
                  will tango
                          on your grave.    



2 comments:

  1. Geez..thought you were going to sail in the Port Huron to Mackinaw sailboat race....til I read that last line! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a neat thought...I really like the pictures of Port Huron and Michigan in general that you share.

    ReplyDelete