Sunday, January 20, 2013

Glenwood January 18th

The Glenwood living room has had built-in bookshelves added to each side of the fireplace.  Why?  Because I, unlike many others, like to decorate with books.  Books that I have either read or I am going to read.

In the Glenwood dining room, the sheves for the book cases are being prepared.  Book cases work so much better with them.

Our porch now has doors.  THese are going to be fairly important as the weather warms up, in order to help keep the bugs out.  Even on this January day where the temperature was slightly cool, I could see some gnats.

This is the foyer, such as it is.  Door and a closet.
A special bonis of this house is that it came with this wonderful Tonka truck in the yard.   I really think that a Tonka truck should be free with every home purchase.

5 comments:

  1. Love the bookshelves! I wish I had some, though I'd like to have the fireplace between them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are working to make the fireplace and mantle nicer. Our family and house suffered serious smoke damage when I was a kid, from an inadvertently closed fire hamper. Consequently, I have never been very big on fireplaces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the recess lighting! It is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the built-ins, but as Alison's decorating consultant, I believe we will have to mix in some "good old stuff" in with those books!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete