Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend's Demise and Other Monday Musings

Another weekend is in the history books.  Now I'm left with the impending week of work, which should be very intense, very involved.  Can't believe people actually expect their W-2s.  Unbelievable,  And we've added an audit to the schedule.  This may be a difficult week to keep up with the blog.

Which would be a shame, because the numbers continue to come up.  Even a segment of History of the Trap has been caught by some other site somewhere, and the page views for that have risen dramatically, far exceeding any of my other fiction posts.

But I'm going to do my darnedest to keep up, even if the posts are short and/or picturey. I'm struggling to accomplish something, and for better or worse, outside of family and work - this is what I've chosen.

Today the appliances for Glenwood may be selected.  The competitors are Sears and Lowe's.  We looked at some choices and narrowed down the list, and Alison is going to go late this afternoon after she drops of Benjamin the Cha Cha King to Cotillion, I think we're going with white, although she had some stainless steel back ups as well.   I'm happy with anything that makes ice or cooks pizza, as my color coordination and interior decorating skills are somewhat non-existent.

My father in Michigan worries me.  He is still recovering from a flu, and his voice is hard to understand, as he is coughing and gurgling.  My understanding is that parts of Michigan have been hit hard by the flu.  His retirement complex was on lock down for awhile, with everyone getting lunches in their rooms instead of at the dining area.  I'm looking forward to him feeling better soon.

The Golden Globes were on last night.  I'm a sucker for TV and movie award shows, so I watched it some, albeit recorded and I fast forwarded through healthy chunks of it.  Les Miserables, the film that has not and probably won't come to Waycross cleaned up, including winning for Best Picture - Comedy or Musical.    I've added the book to my Kindle, so maybe I'll get some background that way, because it may be months before I can see that movie.

Speaking of movie musicals, I had a friend comment on seeing Phantom of the Opera (the movie of the Andrew Lloyd Weber musical), and it made my realize that I had never seen it.  I had gotten it into my head years ago that I wanted to see it performed live at a theater before watching the movie.  I had heard that it was an unbelievably spectacular stage production, and it sounded like something that would be great to see.  But I've never gotten to see it, and now years have passed by, and I just don't know.

Well, with completion of this post the weekend has officially drawn to a close.  I must finish getting on my CPA disguise and see if I can bluff my way through another day,  My "performance" at Higginson & Paulk, at now 13 years, 7 months and 14 days, is starting to run longer than Cats!

Until next time,

T.M. Strait


3 comments:

  1. I wish your father well, Tom. Yes, Michigan is one of the states hit the hardest with the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your father gets well quickly. Les Miserables is playing in Douglas at the Rockin 8 theaters now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I'll keep everybody posted on developments about my Dad.

    ReplyDelete