Monday, January 21, 2013

Revenge Is All I Live For Now and Other Monday Musings




Boy, that title is a lot more ominous than I mean!  Revenge is the name of a song form the musical It's A Bird,,,It's A Plane...It's Superman.  I performed it as a junior in high school, playing the part of the mad scientist.  I was able to perform it for the first time since high school at an open mike night that they had Saturday at the Flying Dragon.  As you can see from the pictures above, if nothing else, I didn't stay still.

Revenge is a song that I also adopted to use in the Wizard of Oz musical last year.  I wanted a song just for the witch to help show off her talents.  I was able to perform that version as well.  I was pleased when the Executive Director Chris Jeffords requested a copy as they may include it in this year's as well.

As explained in another post, this is not a holiday weekend for me.  I will not get to spend time with my family, participate in MLK events, or watch the inauguration   It's not even really possible to take a vacation day this time of year. I'm having more and more trouble with Sundays, knowing that the week is about to start up again.  It's even tougher when you know your family is home.

It's starting earlier than ever, too.  Where even in my sleep. I dream about accounting. I really hate that.  I'd rather almost dream about zombies, aliens, vampires or Republicans.

My father seems to be regaining some strength after a bout with the flu. His hospice care providers have been a blessing, and helped him quickly secure a new wheelchair when he needed one.

I see friends self-publishing books, and I feel like I'm running behind.  Although I don't yet have a completed novel, I have enough material to make collections.  I am just not yet adept enough at formatting the stuff to get it on the places that could sell it. I should be able to write these posts during tax season, but a push at something more will have to wait until late April.

And yes, the performance above made me realize how much I missed the stage.  It has been great to write and help the Children's theater   But I miss getting on the stage and just letting a good part rip out of me.  Sigh.  Maybe soon.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait



No comments:

Post a Comment