Thursday, January 31, 2013

Last Rites for January 2013

And so the first month of tax season draws to a close.

This is the technical deadline to distribute W-2s and 1099s, so we should be through with those.  But we will still have people that bring them in.  Particularly the 1099s.  That is often a surprise to people that they have to do them, and we may not get them until individual tax information is brought in.  I will probably try my first corporate today.  I will mostly do corporates with a few individuals until mid-March.

The Glenwood Restoration project continues, with the most recent addition being cabinets.  New pictures coming this Sunday! A mid-February move-in is projected.

The blog will hit a new high in page views this month.  Revenues, however, will be their lowest since that part of it started.  You would think that more page views would equal more revenue, but that hasn't happened yet.  It has been interesting to try to sustain the Blog during Tax Season.  I did not start daily posts until after tax season last year, so this is a first.  The problem isn't so much the time, although that can be a challenge.  The problem is my brain is rapidly becoming more and more exhausted and harder to focus.

I am also turning a little bit more inward, as the curtain of shyness is once again descending.  It's sort of a cyclical problem, compounded by the relative isolation of tax season.  Fortunately, it effects my social interactions more than it does this blog.

I know very little of the political world right now.  Sensible gun control seems long overdue.  Taking the country hostage over the debt ceiling still seems extraordinarily stupid.  That's about all I've absorbed.

That's my ramblings as we close out January.  I look forward to April 16th...I MEAN FEBRUARY!  February first.  Jumping the gun there.  Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment