Monday, October 27, 2014

Ripping Good Yarns: Friday Fall TV 2014

No grid this year...they are too difficult to translate, and I don't have a good format to work from.

Here is the best of Fridays:


It's a Grimm return to television, for Season 4 of this series on NBC at 9 PM.  I watch this series, although not as compulsively as some others.  I sometimes let episodes accumulate and then binge it. It's gotten better as it's progressed - the recent addition of Trubel (pronounced Trouble) has helped.  And I am a big Adalind fan.  Yes, I know she's bad.  But I cannot even begin to count the number of bad boys that are fan favorites.  So there.


Constantine is on Fridays on NBC at 10.  It's a new show based on a comic book that was once the centerpiece of the mature reader Vertigo line from DC.  I have an episode on DVR but I have yet to see it.  I have read scores of the comic books, but I am deeply skeptical of TV's ability to translate this.  We shall see.




Aloha!  It's Hawaii Five-O (Season 5 - not counting it's original run in the 70s) on CBS at 9!  Ok, I don't really watch this show, but I want all the Rippers out there to know that my son, Greg,  helps as a Colorist for this show.  Footage is received in a fairly flat palate, and he helps brighten it up, and make it look more like the Hawaii that we fantasize about.  Cludoy gray skies that day of taping?  No problem!  He makes it bright and blue for you!  I think the Hawaii Tourist Board owes him big time!


ABC features Season 4 of Last Man Standing, one of those series where Tim Allen plays....Tim Allen.  At 8:30 CBS has the new comedy Cristela.  It is about, according to Entertainment Weekly, a legal intern balancing work and family in Texas.  I am assuming that hilarity ensues.  Any Ripper reports will be greatly appreciated.

CBS also has Season 5 of Blue Blood.  Tom Selleck is in ti, but I don't think he is a P.I.  At least I think he's still in it.  That may have changed.


Aaand...that's it for Fridays.  Everything else is reality shows and reruns.  No review for Saturday at all, because there are NO scripted shows that night.  The number of primetime scripted shows is ever dwindling.  Oh, well.  At least there's cable and streaming.

Next up:  The best of the Holiday movies!



No comments:

Post a Comment