Monday, October 6, 2014

Writing Contest Winners!!!

Oh, yes, it's for sure!

After any major first time event, they are things that you wish you would have done differently.  The chief among them for this event, is that I wish I had delegated the picture taking to someone significantly better with a camera than myself.

Nevertheless, I am proud of the winners of our First Annual Okefenokee Heritage Center's Writing Contest! The following pictures vary from being not so good, to bad, to outright atrocious.


Our proud winner in the Elementary School Division was Desiree Higgs, with her story The Clever Monkey and the Evil Lions. 




The winners in Secondary Poetry (who are really nowhere near as fuzzy as this picture) are Randy Smith (3rd place for Free Falling In the Air), Kaitlyn Thigpen (1st place for Nicker in the Wind) and Christy Edwards (2nd place for Inspiration).


The winners in Secondary poetry are J. B. Milligan (2nd place for The Long Dark), Breanna Parks (3rd place for I was running, running as fast as I could) and Jackson Bowman (1st place for The Scribe).  Jackson's story received the highest score of the entire competition.


The winners in Adult Poetry were Leslie Crane (1st place for Butterfly), Grace K. Lee (2nd place for My Life in Rhyme), and Monse Burkett (3rd place for We Sold My Daddy's Stuff Today).



The winners in Adult story were Leslie Crane (1st place for The Barren Land), April Sheuring (2nd place for The Dragon in the Box), and Rose Aldridge (3rd place for Big Granny's House).

I did not take the time to plan the photography right.  Alison, Benjamin and I were in a rush to prepare for opening night of The Dixie Swim Club.  

Congratulations to all the winners!  

The stories and poems of many of these will be on display at the Okefenokee Heritage Center, and I will be posting many of them right here to The Strait Line.

Thanks to all those who helped make it a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment