Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Ripping Good Yarns: Sunday Fall TV 2014

No gird this year...they are too difficult to translate, and I don't have a good format to work from.

Here is the best of Sunday:


The Walking Dead will be on AMC  starting October 12th at 9.  Season 5 promises to be as or more intense than the series to date.  Zombies are scary enough, but threats from people become even more terrifying.  This is a very favorite of Alison and myself, and we are very much looking forward to another season.  Even as we are scared as to who will or won't survive.



Once Upon A Time starts Season 4 by going Frozen.  Some of  the characters of that highly successful movie will be coming to Storybrooke.  I am the sole watcher of this show at our household.  I have not seen the movie Frozen, so I am a little concerned about where the show might go, but there are many, many others who have seen the movie and might be quite fired up about this.  Well, not too big of a fire, because then things might become....unfrozen.  ABC at 8  PM.




What can I say?  Season 26 of The Simpsons!  Amazing how long a show can last if the characters don't age, and they don't engage in bitter contract disputes.  D'oh!  Fox at 8 PM.

ABC also has Resurrection (Season 2) at 9 and Revenge (Season 4 - I guess sometimes revenge is a dish best served over a slow cooker) at 10.  Alison and I watch Resurrection, or at least we did the first season..

CBS has a new show at 8, Madame Secretary, starring Tea Leoni, a show centered on Hilary Clinton...oops! .....I mean the most powerful woman in the country, the Secretary of State. 9 PM brings Season 6 of The Good Wife, and 10 PM season 15 of CSI.  Alison and I watch CSI, mostly out of habit at this point, and the unrequited desire that Grissom might wander back in.  

In addition to The Simpsons, Fox has season 2 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine at 8:30, season 13 of Family Guy at 9, and the new series Mulaney at 9:30, a comedy about comedy writers, featuring the talented Martin Short.  For quite a few years Fox had an animation block on Sunday nights.  They are now breaking that up with some live action comedies.  We shall see.

HBO has two  series in their last seasons, Boardwalk Empire (Season 5) and The Newsroom (Season 3).  I've enjoyed Boardwalk Empire, and Alison and I have watched The Newsroom.  Showtime has
Homeland Season 4.  I've seen a few episodes on DVD, but the quality of the DVD was so low, I couldn't finish the first season.  I hope Netflix streams this soon.

That's Sunday's preview!  Hope you didn't miss the grid too much!






No comments:

Post a Comment